NY Studios is a production company co-founded in 2009 in Mumbai by Vineesha Arora Sarin and Amit Sarin. The duo have produced short films, print ad campaigns, and executed a number of international and national events. The company moved their recent headquarters to Los Angeles, where NY Studios will expand its production slate to include feature films and television series. This year, NY Studios will begin production on the company’s first full-length Hollywood feature film, depicting the horrors of tiger poaching - “Tiger Heart.” Featuring an international cast, and helmed by seasoned director Dwight H. Little, principal photography is set to begin in the first quarter of 2020 at India’s famed Jim Corbett Tiger Reserve in Uttarakhand. Also in various stages of production with its diverse palette of projects is a limited television series, “The End of Karma,” written by Vineesha Arora Sarin, along with several other exciting projects on the anvil.
NY Studios’ Hollywood venture is fully financed by Roaming Rickshaw Films (RRF), a newly formed independent entertainment financing company headquartered in Los Angeles, with offices in Mumbai and Dubai.
NY Studios cohesively brings together creative and production teams from the U.S. and India to develop and produce projects borne out of passion and vision. Established relationships with industry veterans in both Hollywood and India allow NY Studios to pursue business development, production and distribution.
NY Studios imagined, developed and produced this star-studded stage show, which debuted to a sold-out audience of 30,000 at Toronto’s Rogers Center. “Heartthrobs” brought together a cast of Indian television stars for the first time ever in a Bollywood-style ticketed concert, marking the first time such a stage show was produced overseas with Indian television actors.
Tiger Heart (2020) - Feature Film
In pre-production ... Renowned animal activist and “tiger whisperer” Dr. Daniel Tate scours the Himalayan reserves with a team of Indian and international allies to subdue mercenary killers working for an animal smuggling cartel, whose longtime poaching continues to rapidly diminish the Bengal tiger population. Fighting to save the endangered Bengal from extinction, Tate must first overcome demons from his past, or suffer the loss of everything he holds dear.
Veteran film director Dwight H. Little directs the feature film, which will begin principal photography this Fall in northern India.
The End of Karma (2019) - TV/ Digital Series - Limited
As The Legend Goes (2019) - TV/ Digital Chat Show
Kaali (2020) - Feature Film
The Character (2020) - Feature Film
Born in Varanasi, India, Amit Sarin left his hometown to earn his engineering degree at the Manipal Institute of Technology, on India’s southwest coast. Shortly after graduation, however, Sarin headed to Mumbai to pursue his dream of becoming an actor. His big break came in 2003, when he was cast in Balaji Telefilms’ popular series “Kksum,” for which he received his first prestigious Aap Jaisa Koi Award as Best Actor.
He was next cast in “Kyunki… Saas bhi kabhi bahu thi…,” the groundbreaking comedy series and one of Indian television’s longest-running shows. Sarin starred as Sahil Hemant Virani in nearly 400 episodes of the hit series, and went on to star in numerous other hit television series, including “Dole Saja Ke,” “Pavitra Rishta” and “Rishon Ki For,” among others. He was selected to compete on India’s first celebrity singing competition – “Fame Gurukul” – and was crowned the winner. He was also a contestant on India’s celebrity version of “Fear Factor,” as well as “Zor Ja Jhatka,” India’s version of “Wipeout.” Sarin co-starred in the action/thriller feature film “Inteqam: The Perfect Game.”
Sarin co-founded NY Studios in 2009 with his wife, Vineesha Arora Sarin.
Vineesha Arora Sarin has been working in India’s media industry since 2000. Beginning with her acting debut in the 2003 feature film “Supari,” she went on to star in numerous Mumbai stage productions. In 2005, Arora Sarin directed her first short film, “The Right World,” which premiered in New York City and was widely shown as part of international film festivals.
Having established NY Studios with husband and collaborator Amit Sarin in 2009, she began directing advertising campaigns in locations throughout the world, for a list of international clients. In 2009, Arora Sarin imagined, developed and produced a star-studded stage show called “Heartthrobs,” which debuted to a sold-out audience of 30,000 at Toronto’s Rogers Center. “Heartthrobs” brought together a cast of Indian television stars for the first time ever in a Bollywood-style ticketed concert, marking the first time such a stage show was produced overseas with Indian television actors.
Vineesha is producing several projects, including “Tiger Heart,” directed by Dwight H. Little, to be released in 2020, “The End of Karma,” which she’s also written, for a limited television series, and several others in various stages of production.
Kindly fill out all details to contact NY Studios. Please be advised we are unable to receive any unsolicited material, including scripts/pitches.
Address: Los Angeles, New York, Mumbai
Phone: +1 323-672-8280
- Types of Data We Collect
- “Personal Data” means data that allows someone to identify or contact you, including, for example, your name, address, telephone number, email address, as well as any other non-public information about you that is associated with or linked to any of the foregoing data. “Anonymous Data” means data that is not associated with or linked to your Personal Data;
Anonymous Data does not, by itself, permit the identification of individual persons. We collect Personal Data and Anonymous Data, as described below.
Information You Provide to Us
We may collect Personal Data from you, such as your first and last name, email and password when you log in to our network (“Account”).
- * When you create an Account on the Site you may provide additional information, for example, a website address or social media URLs.
- * If you provide us feedback or contact us via email, we will collect your name and email address, as well as any other content included in the email, in order to send you a reply.
- * We also collect other types of Personal Data that you provide to us voluntarily, such as your operating system and version, and other requested information if you contact us via email regarding support for bookings.
- * We may also collect Personal Data, such as at other points in our Site that state that Personal Data is being collected.
- * Typically the main data collected is your name and email address, but other data may be collected by the online platforms used to power these offerings in accordance with their terms and conditions.
- Information Collected via Technology
- General Use
- In general, Personal Data you submit to us is used either to respond to requests that you make, or to aid us in serving you better. We use your Personal Data in the following ways:
- * to facilitate the creation of and secure your Account on our network;
- * identify you as a user in our system;
- * provide improved administration of our Site and Services;
- * provide the Services you request;
- * improve the quality of experience when you interact with our Site and Services;
- * send you a welcome email to verify ownership of the email address provided when your Account was created;
- * send you administrative email notifications, such as updates, security or support and maintenance advisories;
- * respond to your inquiries;
- * send you newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials related to our Services and for other marketing purposes of NY Studios.
- Creation of Anonymous Data
We may create Anonymous Data records from Personal Data by excluding information (such as your name) that make the data personally identifiable to you. We use this Anonymous Data to analyze request and usage patterns so that we may enhance the content of our Services and improve Site navigation. NY Studios reserves the right to use Anonymous Data for any purpose and disclose Anonymous Data to third parties in its sole discretion.
Disclosure of Your Personal Data
- Third Party Service Providers
We may share your Personal Data with third party service providers to: provide you with the Services that we offer you through our Site; to conduct quality assurance testing; to facilitate creation of accounts; to provide technical support; and/or to provide other services to NY Studios. These third party service providers are required not to use your Personal Data other than to provide the services requested by us.
- Other Disclosures
- Lawful Basis For Processing Personal Data
- Our lawful basis for processing Personal Data depends on how the data is collected. For Personal Data collected via activity on the Site related to a request (e.g. making a booking or reservation request) our basis for processing is performance of a contract.
When responding to a direct enquiry via email or other means our basis for processing is legitimate interest.
You have the right to complain to your local data protection authority if you are not satisfied with the way your data is being handled.
- Social Networking Sites
- Third Party Websites
- Your Choices Regarding Your Personal Data
We offer you choices regarding the collection, use, and sharing of your Personal Data.
- * We will periodically send you free newsletters and emails that directly promote the use of our Site or Services. When you receive newsletters or promotional communications from us, you may indicate a preference to stop receiving further communications from us and you will have the opportunity to “opt-out” by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in the email you receive or by contacting us directly.
- Changes to Personal Data
You may change any of your Personal Data in your Account [by editing your profile within your Account or by sending an email to us at the email address set forth below]. You may request deletion of your Personal Data by us, but please note that we may be required to keep this information and not delete it (or to keep this information for a certain time, in which case we will comply with your deletion request only after we have fulfilled such requirements). When we delete any information, it will be deleted from the active database, but may remain in our archives. We may retain your information for fraud or similar purposes.
- Your Rights Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you are a resident of the European Union or the European Economic Area, you have the following data protection rights under the GDPR:
- * You can access, correct, update, or request deletion of your Personal Data by emailing email@example.com
- * You can object to the processing of your Personal Data, or ask us to restrict the processing of your Personal Data by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- * You can request an archive of Personal Data by emailing email@example.com We will provide you with a .csv file or files containing your Personal Data.
- * You have the right to opt-out of marketing communications. To do so, click on the "unsubscribe" link in the email.
- * You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our use of your Personal Data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
We respond to all requests from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights within 30 days, and do not charge a fee for fulfilling such requests.
- Security of Your Personal Data
NY Studios is committed to protecting the security of your Personal Data. We use a variety of industry-standard security technologies and procedures to help protect your Personal Data from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. We also require you to enter a password to access your Account information. Please do not disclose your Account password to unauthorized people. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, while NY Studios uses reasonable efforts to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
- Data Retention
We retain Personal Data only as long as we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (e.g. to provide you with a service or to comply with legal or tax requirements). At your request, we will delete your Personal Data or anonymize it so that it no longer identifies you, unless otherwise required by law.
We do not intentionally gather Personal Data from visitors who are under the age of 13, and and children under 13 are prohibited from using our service.
- International Data Transfers
Your Personal Data may be processed in the country in which it was collected and in other countries, including the United States, where laws regarding processing of Personal Data may be less stringent than the laws in your country.
- Contact Information
Copyright © 2019, NY Studios. All rights reserved.
Last Revised: January 22nd 2019